It is almost impossible to find someone, nowadays, who has never heard of Facebook. Facebook has more than 2 billion active monthly users. There must be a reason to such a success, right? Well, there is not just one, but plenty. Here are the top ten facts about Facebook that you will definitely like to read about.
- Facebook is the most popular social media network. If you are present only on one social platform, it is most probably Facebook. Facebook has 2 billion active monthly users, and that is what makes it even more attractive to people who are new online. Being on Facebook allows you to have more chances to connect to all the people you want. On other networks, there are great chances that you will not find everyone you are looking for.
- Facebook stores about 300 PETABYTES of user data on its servers. For your information, 1 petabyte is 1 million gigabytes. And it is believed that we would only need 50 petabytes to store all the written works of humankind so far. So just imagine how big and how impactful Facebook is…
- $227 billion. This is the alleged global economic impact Facebook had in 2014. There is a few arguments on whether this amount is the accurate one or not. But one thing is sure: Facebook has a serious economic impact, on a global level.
- One quarter of the revenue generated by mobile internet ads went to Facebook in 2015. Why? Because Facebook boasted 22% of mobile internet advertising, worldwide.
- Every second, 8 new users come on Facebook. In other words, Facebook’s user base grows by 7,246 people every quarter of an hour. Apart from having the largest user base, Facebook is constantly growing and nothing seems to be able to stop it from doing so.
- The average U.S. Facebook user spends 40 minutes on Facebook every day. Smartphone users check Facebook 14 times a day. This tells a lot about Facebook’s ability to get us used to it.
- There are more Facebook users in the U.S. Than the total number of U.S. Citizens who voted in last election. Incredible, right? Just imagine the potential you have, then, to have an impact if you are on Facebook!
- 8 million. This is the number of new likes made every minute on Facebook.
- The Sponsored Place Check-In story is Facebook’s advertising format with the highest click-through rate.
- Videos are the type of content that is shared the most on Facebook. Every video, on average is shared 89.5 times, a lot more than photos or text-based posts.
In short, Facebook is a platform that gives plenty of opportunities to people, whatever their occupation, nationality, gender, etc. Because of its being so popular, it gives the opportunity to people from all backgrounds to be heard, to connect with new and unknown people, to become members of groups and feel as a member of a certain community, and to learn new things constantly.